Thursday, June 8, 2023

50 Days Until Arch Enemies Assemble!

 Boy, do I hate talking about anything that's coming together with some secrets still to be revealed, plans being made, and excitement building . . . though I really do need to share that last part.

Holmes in the Heartland 2023: Arch Enemies, you've heard of this, right?

Just fifty days away, July 28-30, at the Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel in St. Louis, with a couple offsite field trips. Last night I was spray painting some things in my back yard, tonight I was working out some treats, and discussing, discussing, discussing. You might even hear a little of that discussion on next week's Watsonian Weekly podcast.

You can always go to the website and get the basic details there -- 
https://parallelcasestl.wixsite.com/home/holmes-in-the-heartland
-- but if you know Sherlockian weekend events, you know there is always more behind it than just those raw details. I mean, you look and you see names of speakers, but let me give you a different list, we've got:

One wit who always makes you smile.
One brain who knows more about at least one topic than any of us . . . oh, wait, there's a couple of those.
One bon vivant from a faraway city who is always charming.
One character from a less faraway city that you just have to meet.
One quirky unicorn in human guise you'll remember for a while.
One reluctant cosplayer who'll do anything for Holmes. (Well, maybe not anything.)
Once change in the program that might be an upgrade?

And, let me tell you, if you can identify all of those folks exactly, you're one up on me. As I said on the second item, some of those descriptions apply to more than one featured presenter.

Will it be a party? Yes.

Will you meet someone you've never met before? Yes.

And it's only fifty days away.

I've got a lot to do, so I'll leave it at that for now. But more to come, and, trust me, if you're on the fence, don't wait for that more to get signed up!


No comments:

Post a Comment