Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Celebrity gossip and other excitements Holmes.


When was the last time there was Sherlock Holmes-based celebrity gossip like the story spotted in the Daily Mail Online this week about a possible romance between Benedict Cumberbatch and Lara Pulver? If ever there was a screen-to-reality couple that would put that cardboard Twilight pair Robert Pattinson and Kristin Stewart to shame, that coupling of “Sherlock” and “Irene” would do it. And they’re both 36, according to the Mail Online!

SQUEEEEE!!!! (Yes, I am a paunchy, graying, middle-aged male, but I am very much in touch with my inner teenaged girl. And a good friend taught me how to squee, so I’m using it.)

And 221bCon has just announced that Curly of the Baker Street Babes is on board as not only a guest,  but a guest doing a live podcast in April in Atlanta. As a brand new fan event, 221bCon is sure to be a tale of triumph and tragedy for all who attend, as hitches and glitches do tend to pop up at such things early on, but getting a Babe podcast on the schedule is definitely a triumph, and being present for the first time of anything is always a big, bright feather in one’s fancap. Don’t know if I can possibly make that one, but just for the record . . .

SQUEEEEE!!!!

And then there’s SHERLOPALOOZA. It’s coming. It’s in London. I definitely can’t go. But it exists, sound wonderfully cool, and is well worth a . . .

SQEEEEEEE!!!!!

And those were the happy Sherlock thoughts that brightened this week, when no other significant news regarding Sherlock Holmes was out there. That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it.  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention. If you can make it, we would love to have you.

    ReplyDelete