Saturday, August 6, 2022

A visit to Bloomington, Indiana


Saturday morning, a destination for midwest Sherlockians, and they're rolling in. A great exhibit, some lovely pastries and treats in a room next door. And this is the kind of thing the minute you walk in . . .


It's the thought that Glen Miranker put into selections for this exhibit that really impressed me. The case entirely of pirate publisher catalogues -- not something the average collector would even think of, but such a key part of the history of the books on display. And the combinations of things -- the first editions paired with a letter from Conan Doyle referencing that book. The art from Page and Gillette, the William Gillette section, everything, so well thought out. Excuse me a second, I have to have a vanilla rose scone with some lemon curd, and a couple tarts . . .


Yes, yes, impressive as heck Sherlockiana and I'm the dog going "SQUIRREL!" But c'mon!



Oh, and there are other people here I should be talking to . . . 


So I will quit typing and taking pics for now .  . ..














 

No comments:

Post a Comment