Tuesday, August 2, 2022

There is no "m-e" in "team" yet. (Or an "a" or "t," really.)

 As you may or may not be aware, this is Day Two of the month-long John H. Watson Society Treasure Hunt, which happens each August. Not being all that fond of Sherlockian quizzery after forty years of testing, I'm finding myself not as motivated as I might have been in younger days. I will shamefully admit that I have downloaded the thing, yet not touched it yet. I mean, I declared this month "Blogaugust" or something like that and committed to blogging all month, so I might even be a little too busy to remember to pay attention to it.

So what do I need? A team.

I mean, ideally, it would be cool to have at least one gruff and driven sort, one charming and persuasive sort, and one maniacal wild thing, a sort of crack quiz commando unit sent to quiz prison for a cheating scandal they didn't commit, but there are enough Sherlockian characters out there without having to get too specific to build a colorful team and drive through this Treasure Hunt with a metaphoric black-and-red van of Canonical expertise. 

See, distracted already by a 1970s TV show. This is gonna be a month.

So I'm going to have to recruit a team to do this darned quiz. I hear Margie Deck has already put together a crew, so I know there's going to be some competition. And we will be starting a few days late, which always adds some extra spice to the Gumball Rally. (Where is my head?)

Want to get in on this team?

I mean, I can't promise much more than a cool name (to be decided once the team has assembled) and a good shot at the title. And a little ongoing reportage of our adventures in at least two mediums. If you think that sounds like something of interest, drop me a DM at @bradkeefauver on Twitter or somesuch.

Was this really a fair blog post to count for Blogaugust? Maybe not, but the one I originally wrote needed to cook a little bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment